Water restoration for residences or commercial property is a very complex process, one that can create plenty of big problems for the victims of water damage. It’s both an art and a science, and it requires a very experienced team of professionals to achieve success without problems.
When choosing a professional restoration service you will want to be sure they:
- Provide a plan of action and are able to provide the required documentation for your insurance company.
- Are Certified by an accredited organization – The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification or IICRC establishes the industry standards and guidelines for professional carpet cleaning, upholstery and fabric cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation (there are other certification programs offering training in water extraction and building certifications).
- Have Workman’s Compensation & Liability Insurance – IICRC certified firms include this coverage as part of the certification process. If you select a firm that is not certified make sure the company can produce proof of insurance coverage.
- Maintain the appropriate state and local licensing. Restoration construction in Virginia requires a Class A contractor’s license.
- Secure the proper permits. Construction work may require permits and inspections.
Virginia Restoration Services is an experienced, locally owned one-stop shop providing water mitigation and extraction, mold remediation, content evaluation, moving and storage, and complete reconstruction services.
Insurance companies are willing to pay for high quality water restoration contractors and Virginia state law gives you the right to choose a restoration company. It is to your advantage to choose a reputable company that has experience and positive reviews.